Hi there! How is your day going? Today I’ll share with you my review of the NIOD Non-acid Acid Precursor 15% serum (NAAP). Some time ago I told you about another serum from this brand, CAIS 2, which you know is one of my favorite peptide products. Do you want to know what I think about this one? Let’s see it!
PRODUCT: NON-ACID ACID PRECURSOR 15% (NAAP)
SKIN TYPE: ALL
RECOMMENDED FOR: UNISEX
NIOD is a brand of the DECIEM group, which you may recall from other major brands such as The Ordinary. In this case, it is the premium line, so the products are priced a little higher than what I usually use but the technologies used and the formulation of the products is also superior. It is true that sometimes some brands are basically marketing and they put exorbitant prices on their products when they really are the simplest. This is not the case.
NAAP is a serum designed to help you improve skin tone and texture in a similar way to AHAs, BHA and retinol. What sets it apart from these is that it is formulated to not be irritating, so it is suitable even for sensitive skin. As you will remember from my post about why you should use acids in your beauty routine, these products help you reduce spots and improve texture, also reducing wrinkles and fine lines through chemical exfoliation. However, we must use acids in moderation, because if they are not used correctly they can be irritating and give us the opposite result to what we were looking for.
In this case, I have been using the serum daily in my PM routines and the result has been fantastic, especially when combined with the CAIS 2 serum, also from NIOD, of which I already told you in detail. If CAIS 2 gives us a good dose of peptides to improve wrinkles and fine lines (since it promotes the production of collagen so that we have a firmer and more elastic skin), NAAP helps us to remove dead cells that accumulate on the surface of the skin while improving cell turnover and helping to strengthen the skin barrier. It’s all advantages!
Well… or almost everything. This serum has a very nice texture. It is very dense, but when extended it absorbs wonderfully and leaves the skin very soft and with a luminous appearance. The main drawback is that the dropper applicator is not the most suitable, since it is difficult to extract the product. Perhaps, if the packaging were of another type, the experience would be much more comfortable, although I recognize that despite this, the product is completely worth it.
Among its main ingredients we find a suspension of probiotic bacteria that helps improve the texture and tone of the skin, levomenol to help the skin barrier and a type of exopolysaccharide designed to improve water retention capacity and encourage creation of new cells. This serum doesn’t contain perfume.
In summary, this serum is a great addition to your beauty routines if you are looking for all the benefits of acids without the irritation that these can cause. In addition, due to its type of formulation, you can use it even in summer without fear of spots. It is a comfortable, pleasant and very effective product, for me it is a guaranteed success.
HOW TO USE:
I have been using this serum in my nighttime routines with the NIOD CAIS 2, as they are a perfect combination to get radiant skin. In case you want to achieve the same result as me, you must first use the CAIS 2 and then the NAAP. Once you have washed your face and applied the toner, take the amount equivalent to a chickpea of product and spread it by gently massaging the face with your fingertips so that it is well absorbed. Then finish your routine with a good moisturizer and, if you want better hydration, with an oil.
Have you been using acids in summer? Have you tried this product? What is your favorite product to exfoliate the skin? If you have any questions leave me a comment and I will answer you as soon as possible!
If you liked this post and want to continue learning about beauty, cosmetics and skincare, you will enjoy reading these others:
- How to change your skincare routine during summer.
- COMPARISON: The 10 best products by The Ordinary.
Did you like to read this article and want to help me continue with this project? You can do it in different ways, all very simple, depending on the degree of implication you want:
1. You can follow me on Facebook and on Instagram to receive all my news. There is a lot of content that I publish exclusively in those networks (especially in Instagram, where I share swatches, first impressions of products, etc.) and that may be of interest for you.
2. You can give me likes, leave comments, share my publications, etc. Facebook and Instagram are require a lot of interaction from their users to not be invisible, so if you like my content it would be great if you interacted with it.
3. You can post a photo on your social networks tagging me and using the hashtag #TMKingdom if I helped you, so I can reach more people.
4. You can purchase products through the links you find on the website. The products are not going to cost you more, but I will receive a small commission that helps me with expenses. This project requires a huge amount of effort and dedication, so you will help me to continue to offer content of the highest quality.